Fiction short film | 14’ | SPAIN | 2018.
DIRECTOR: Carlota Pereda
Production Company: IMVAL Madrid, Pantalla Partida S.L.
Direction: Carlota Pereda
Cast: Laura Galán, Paco Hidalgo, Elisabet Casanovas, Sara Barroso, Mireia Vilapuig, Jorge Elorza
Script: Carlota Pereda
Production: Luis Angel Ramírez, Mario Madueño
Sara is an overweight teen that lives in the shadow of a clique of cool girls holidaying in her village. Not even her childhood friend, Claudia, defends her when she’s bullied at the local pool in front of an unknown man. Her clothes are stolen and Sara must get home wearing nothing but her bikini. The long walk home will mark the rest of her life.
- Certamen de Cortometrajes Ciudad de Soria
- El Cuervo Certamen de Cortos de fantasía y terror
- Festival de San Martin del Rey Aurelio – CineSan
- Festival de Cortos de Boadilla del Monte
- Brno Sixteen Short Film Competition
- Santurzine Film Festival
- Festival Gollut
- Concurso de Cortometrajes de Santaella
- Festival Cine Pequeño de Aspe
- Festival de Cortos de Talavera de la Reina – Pavez
- Festival de Cine de Sant Joan d’Alacant
- Semana del Cortometraje de la Comunidad de Madrid
Carlota Pereda has spent her career working in TV fiction. She has been a screenwriter and script supervisor for series such as Periodistas and Motivos Personales, has directed series, “El secreto de Puente Viejo”, LEX and Lalola and has worked as [realizadora] on series such as Los Hombres de Paco, Red Eagle, Luna, the Mystery of Calenda and B&b, de boca en boca. Her fist short, The Blondes, was selected in over 137 festivals worldwide and/or awarded in prestigious festivals such as Medina del Campo, La semana del Corto, Certamen Internacional de Cortometrajes Ciudad de Soria or CortoEspaña. “Piggy” is her second short film as a director and already has several selections in screenwriting festivals such as Oaxaca Film Festival (nominated for Perfect Page and best international Screenplay), Austin Film Festival, Busca Film Festival, Shriekfest, GenreBlast,Austin Revolution Film festival and WeScreenplay, amongst others.