Short fictional film I 13’ I AUSTRIA I 2017. Premier in Valencia.
DIRECTOR: Tania Podveikina.
PRODUCER: Philip Hatzl, Pavel Lilienfeld.
CAST: Sophie Willschke, Clemens Willschke, Caspar Pfaundler, Max Montocchio
The main character is a woman in her 40s. She lives in Vienna, is married and has two kids.
One evening she leaves her apartment to go to do her usual shopping. When she arrives at the supermarket something inside of her stops her from going in.
Instead, she turns away and begins a journey through the evening city. With every step she takes she dives deeper into her inner world.
A conflict between fear, guilt, anger, love, passion and tenderness swells up inside of her.
As the evening turns into night she reaches a hotel where she takes a room. There is no way back for her, she needs to find peace within herself first.
In the middle of the night, almost as if something is pulling her, she reaches the rooftop of the Hotel. Up there she finds a place that only exists for her. There are no direct answers, but she finds a new perspective, a new understanding.
- 2nd THE BUDDHA INT’L FILM FESTIVAL (Official Selection, Pune, Maharashtra, India)
- 27th MADRID FILM FESTIVAL (Official Selection, Madrid, Spain)
- 9th WINCHESTER FILM FESTIVAL (Official Selection, Winchester, UK)
- 32nd BRAUNSCHWEIG INT’L FILM FESTIVAL (Official Selection, Braunschweig, Germany)
- KINOFILM – MANCHESTER INTERNATIONAL SHORT FILM & ANIMATION FESTIVAL (Official Selection, Manchester, United Kingdom)
Tania Podveikina was born in Moscow, in 1981. Till she was 17 she travelled the world with her parents. In 1998 she got back to Moscow to complete higher education. Since 2005 she is working in the film industry as 1st Assistant Director. In 2007 she completed a short animation film as a director: “Girl in the shoebox”. Since 2009 Tania travels between her two homes in Moscow and Vienna. In 2017 she completed her first short fictional film: “Eingang Ausgang”.