DOCUMENTARY SHORT FILM | 14’ | SPAIN | 2018 | PREMIERE IN VALENCIA.
DIRECTOR: Maria Elorza.
In 1972, in one of his best-known articles, Pier Paolo Pasolini spoke of the disappearance of fireflies. A few months later he was murdered. Since then the fireflies have continued to disappear. But there are still people who remember them.
– START International Short Film Festival. Baku AZERBAIJAN
– ZINEBI – Festival Internacional de Cine Documental y Cortometraje de Bilbao
– ALCINE – Festival de Cine de Alcalá de Henares (Madrid)
– Errenteria Film Laburren Jaialdia (Gipuzkoa)
– FICA. Festival Internacional de Cine de Aguilar de Campoo (Palencia)
– Cortada. Festival de Cortometrajes de Vitoria-Gasteiz
– Festival Internacional Dona i Cinema. Valencia
– Yoni Fest. Los Angeles
Vitoria-Gasteiz, 1988. She graduated in Audio- visual Communication from the University of Barcelona and later obtained a master’s degree in Creation and Research in Art from the University of the Basque Country. She has directed several short films, both on her own and within the collective Las Chicas de Pasaik, which have been screened at festivals such as those of San Sebastian, Malaga and Seville, L’Alternativa in Barcelona, Filmadrid and Zinebi in Bilbao. Apart from her work at the Tabakalera International Centre for Contemporary Culture in San Sebastian she also collaborates in the organisation of the LUPA Documentary Film Festival and teaches at the Larrotxene Cultural Centre in the same city.