DOCUMENTARY SHORT FILM | 15´ | UK | 2017 | PREMIERE IN SPAIN.
DIRECTOR: ROMAN MANFREDI.
An experimental documentary that centres the relationships of 3 Butch/Stud and Femme lesbian couples living in the UK. The viewer is invited to share an intimate portrayal that aims to capture the essence of the Butch/Stud and Femme dynamic through fragments of the couples’ domestic environment.
- Women of the Lens Film Festival 2018, London
- Homotopia 2018, Liverpool
- XPOSED International Queer Film Festival, Open Air Cinema, Kreuzburg, Berlin
- Korea Queer Film Festival 2018
- Festival of Ideas 2018, Edge Hill University, Lancaster
- XPOSED International Queer Film Festival, Moviemento-Kino, Berlin
- Salon 18: New Approaches in Photography, Four Corners, London
- NewQueerVisions 2018 @ Shortwaves Film Festival, Poznan, Poland
- Fringe! Queer Film Festival 2017, London
- SQIFF 2017, Glasgow
- Superbia 2017, Manchester /
- Queer Vision Film Festival/Best of British Shorts 2017, Bristol PREMIERE
Roman is a lens based visual artist, living and working in London, UK. This is Roman´s first film. It began as a photography Project. Roman thought process around this regarding the way that images are consumed and the constant bombardment, particularly on social media platforms, ignited a curiosity in me. Roman wanted to look beyond perception as visual representation and slow down that process.