ANIMATION | 16 ‘9 “| USA | 2017 | PREMIERE IN SPAIN.
DIRECTOR: Ana Mouyis.
PRODUCER: Ana Mouyis.
Through a metaphorical narrative about love, Dahlia explores a relationship between two people which is burdened by mental illness. Journey through a colorful and ever- changing world; a hand painted realm that shifts and morphs to portray a darkened state of mind. Based on the ups and down of my parents’ relationship, this illustrative and subtle narrative conveys a nuanced look into the experience of mental illness and how love, patience and commitment can overcome even the biggest obstacles.
- CARTOON CLUB – INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL OF ANIMATION CINEMA AND COMICS (Official Selection, Rimini, Italy)
- ANIMAFEST CYPRUS (Official Selection to National and International Competition, World Premiere, Nicosia, Cyprus) Ganadora Premio Nacional de Animación
- ENCOUNTERS FILM FESTIVAL (Official Selection in Competition, UK Premiere, Bristol, UK)
- KLIK! AMSTERDAM ANIMATION FESTIVAL (European Delights Program, Netherlands Premiere, Amsterdam)
- CHATTANOOGA FILM FESTIVAL (Official Selection, Chattanooga, TN USA)
- 2nd THE BUDDHA INT’L FILM FESTIVAL (Official Selection, Pune, Maharashtra, India)
- NEW YORK LIFT-OFF FILM FESTIVAL (Official Selection, Brooklyn, NY, USA)
- 11th LVIV INT’L SHORT FILM FESTIVAL WIZ-ART (Official Selection, Lviv, Ukraine)
- 3rd STILL VOICES SHORT FILM FESTIVAL (Official Selection, Longford, Ireland)
- 3rd CIUDAD DEL ESTE INDEPENDENT FILM FESTIVAL (Official Selection, Ciudad del Este, Paraguay)
- 2nd FILMPLAYA (Official Selection, Playa del Rey, CA, United States)
- 5th WORLD OF FILM INTERNATIONAL FESTIVAL GLASGOW (Official Selection, Glasgow, UK)
- 4th MINIKINO FILM WEEK (Official Selection, Bali, Indonesia)
- 16th ANNUAL TALLGRASS FILM FESTIVAL (Official Selection, Wichita, KS, USA)
- 13th ORLANDO FILM FESTIVAL (Official Selection, Orlando, FL, USA)
- 5th UNI SHORTS INTERNATIONAL STUDENT FILM FESTIVAL (Official Selection, Auckland, New Zealand)
- 2nd BIRMINGHAM FILM FESTIVAL (Official Selection, Birmingham, United Kingdom)
- 7th SHORTS THAT ARE NOT PANTS (Official Selection, Toronto, Ontario, Canada)
- KINOFILM – MANCHESTER INTERNATIONAL SHORT FILM & ANIMATION FESTIVAL (Official Selection, Manchester, United Kingdom)
Ana Mouyis is an Illustrator and Animator working in New York, USA. She received a BFA in Illustration from Parsons the New School for Design, where she is currently working as an adjunct professor, and an MFA in Animation and Motion Arts from Pratt institute. Since 2009 she has worked as freelance commercial artist specializing in illustration and animation, some of her clients have included: The New York Times, The Boston Globe, EMI Records, Interscope Records, Novartis, Pepsico, and Rebecca Taylor. In 2014 she co-founded Circle Line Projects, an experimental production company.
In addition to client work, she directs and animates independent short films. The first of which, “Pussy!” was released in 2015 and has gone on to appear in a number of film festivals and received an ADC Awards Bronze Cube.