DOCUMENTARY SHORT FILM | 8’ 07” | UNITED KINGDOM | 2018 | PREMIER IN VALENCIA.
DIRECTOR: Jill Daniels.
Daniels’, a disciple of the Marxist revolutionary Rosa Luxemburg, explores Berlin’s memorials to Rosa – and to the Jews who once lived there. An evocative and moving portrait of Berlin as the extreme right-wing nationalist party, the AfD, wins members in Parliament for the first time.
- East End Film Festival, UK
- Small Axe@Tolpuddle Radical Film Festival, UK. Award – Best Documentary.
- Bideodromo International Film Festival, Bilbao, Spain.
- Northern Wave International Film Festival, Iceland
- Senior Movie Film Festival, Poland.
- DarkRoom Film Festival, UK.
- MINA Film Festival, Australia
- Manifesto Radical Film Festival, Amsterdam
- Bristol Radical Film Festival, UK
Born in Manchester, UK, Jill Daniels has been making films since 1989. She has won many awards at international film festivals, including Huesca Short Film Festival, Athens Film Festival, Ohio, Filmdirecting4women, UK. She studied painting at Wimbledon Art School in London and filmmaking at the Royal College of Art, London and teaches Film at the University of East London. She has presented her work in cinemas, film festivals, galleries and academic conferences. She has some films like: “Journey to the South”, “My Private life”, “The Border Crossing”, “Not Reconciled”, “Small Town Girl”, “Lost in Gainesville”.