VIDEOCREATION | 4 min. | TURKEY-UK | 2017 | PREMIERE SPAIN.
CATEGORY: Science-Fiction / Videoart / Experimental.
DIRECTOR: Lud Mônaco
CAST: Catarina Rodrigues
PRODUCER: Yeşim Guzelpinar (Balik Arts)
A young lady wanders through the building of an afterparty, meditating on her life. She searches for a way out of her ruined
and solitary world but cannot escape confronting her destiny.
- 16th Dhaka International Film Festival Dhaka Bangladesh January 19, 2018 World Premiere (Women Filmmakers Competition)
- 4th Ce L’ho Corto Bologna Italy February 15, 2018 Italian Premiere (In Competition)
- Lubomirov / Angus-Hughes Gallery London United Kingdom September 2, 2017
- 17th Mostra do Filme Livre Rio de Janeiro Brazil April 9, 2018 Brazilian Premiere
- 64th International Short Film Festival Oberhausen Oberhausen Germany May 7, 2018 German Premiere (International Competition)
Born in São Paulo in 1987, Lud Mônaco is a Brazilian screenwriter & director, whose work explores the female universe. She studied film at the Barcelona Film School (ECIB) and her graduation project ‘Para, pero sigue’ was awarded best short film at the Lisbon & Estoril Film
Festival. Names such as Peter Handke were amongst the awarding panel. The film was also bought by the well-known platform ShortsTV. Many of her short films have been featured in major festivals, such as the International Short Film Festival Oberhausen, Mix Brasil and Sitges Film Festival. Her work has also been showcased in the prestigious Museum of Image and Sound of São Paulo. ‘Enjoy the Drama’, one of her short films, has been released in a collection by the Peccadillo Pictures. Lud Mônaco has been selected for the Berlinale Talents 2017 and and is currently developing her debut feature film, a tragicomedy set in Portugal. She works between Barcelona and London as a freelance commercial director and is now represented by Albiñana Films in Spain and Portugal.